Some statistics of my cookery blog:
No:of posts posted - 423
No: of invaluable friends - 469
No: of hits - 4,13,684
Thanks a lot for your loving and continuous support and invaluable friendship. Its you all who have made it a real success. Thanks for your prayers and suggestions as well, which helps me to be more committed and dedicated in my work.
Coming to the recipe, I have posted a pointwise instruction as numbered in the pictures.
Corn flour - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 1/2 cup
Almond & Cashews - 1/4 cup
Powdered cardamom - 1/2 tsp.
Red food colour - a generous pinch
1. Dry roast corn flour till the raw smell is diffused but the colour should be white.
2. Crush almonds and cashews and fry it till golden brown in a spoon of ghee. Grease a plate (preferable 2" depth) with ghee and spread the fried nuts and cardamom powder. Keep aside.
3. Mix corn flour with water. Add the food colour. Make a liquid without any lumps.
4. Heat a pan, add sugar and 1/4 cup of water.
5. Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
6. Allow the sugar syrup to boil until one string consistency.
7. Pour in the corn flour mixture to the sugar syrup.
8. Stir continuously.
9. When the mixture is like jelly add the ghee little by little.
(Note : Do not pour in the entire ghee).
10. Stir continuously till the ghee leaves the sides of the pan, and a little more.
11. Take the greased plate.
12. Transfer the mixture quickly into the plate and pat it to get a uniform surface.
13. When slightly warm transfer it upside down into a serving tray.
14. Allow it to cool.
15. Grease a knife with ghee and cut into desired shapes.
16. Delicious home made corn flour halwa is ready.