“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Monday, January 10, 2011

KOTHAMALLI THOKKU / CORIANDER LEAVES THOKKU




INGREDIENTS:

Coriander leaves - 1 big bunch
Tamarind - a lemon sized ball
Dry red chillies - 4
Salt

To temper:
Gingelly oil - 1 ladle
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp.
Hing

METHOD:

Remove the roots and wash the coriander leaves. Grind coriander leaves, tamarind and chillies to a smooth paste.

In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat gingelly oil and add mustard seeds and hing. When mustard seeds splutter, add the ground paste, salt as per requirement and stir it often so that it doesn't stick to the pan. When oil leaves the sides and thick, transfer it to a bowl.

Store in a sterile bottle.

This can be used as a side dish for idli, dosa, chappati, poori, curd rice and can also be mixed with cooked rice and is a quick lunch box meal.

Goes well with roasted appalam or papad.

30 comments :

  1. I can survive for many days with this thokku..tempting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coriander leaves and this thokku looks yumm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy and tasty thokku....such a boon for the morning rushhour...
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simple love this...tongue tickling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this a favourite at home..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi akka,

    Tempting thokku...One of my favorites...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this thokku with everything,idly,dosa,rice... tongue tickler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a tongue tickling dish like very much

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very mouthwatering thokku. Loved the color of it.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this thokku so much handy one for all dishes...yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice recipe Shanti did. I usually make this chutney when i make chaat's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favourite thokku to be eaten with plain rice as well as with thair sadam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fresh coriander. The recipe reminds me of our traditional Italian pesto recipe which is also such an easy and handy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this thokku with anything..Yummmy

    ReplyDelete
  15. my fav...Love this with dosai and idly.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is very tempting:-)love the colur. Did you collect the award from my blog. I sent you a mail

    ReplyDelete
  17. superb recipe..love to have this with dosai and idli

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the color...
    Hey thanks a lot for stopping by my blog and ur encouragement :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thooku looks simple and easy to make. great with dosai.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a tasty dish!!....I love it!!....I love Indian food, and your blog is fantastic!.....Thanks for your visit to my blog!......Abrazotes, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for commenting on my blog.. U have a very nice space here.. Great work.. So many lunch box recipes.. Wow

    Would love to hear from u always..

    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.