“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

POTATO PODIMAS

INGREDIENTS:

Potato - 1/2 kg.
Lime - 1
Grated ginger - 1/2 tsp.

Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 2 tsp.
Salt - as per taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp.
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp.
Chenna dhal - 1/2 tsp.
Dry red chillies - 2

METHOD:

Boil potatoes. Peel the skin and mash it without any lumps.

In a kadai, heat oil, season with mustard seeds, urad dhal, chenna dhal, chillies, ginger and curryleaves alongwith turmeric powder.

Add the mashed potatoes and salt. Mix well. Switch off the stove and squeeze the juice of a lemon. Mix well and garnish with coriander leaves.

14 comments :

  1. I love this curry, Shanthi!My mom used to make it in a similar way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My all time favourite, looks yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and easy recipe with potatoes..got ur mail,i will be posting some traditional recipes soon,somme already posted,will try to send for the event...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am craving for something so simply delicious as podimaas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice and colorful podimas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my fav for chappathis and pooris...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you friends. I too like podimas very much. So simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow....never tried lime and potato combo...sounds and looks yum...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shanthi Maami,

    Love podimas - its funny - I made the same thing last week for a lunch for my guests and I have this as a draft - will post mine soon too.

    Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Potao palya is one of our favorite item with rasam and rice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful blog...keep it up..
    i hv a suggestion that if u add 1 0r 2 pearl onion and garlic, it will give more taste to the dish...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,
    I tried this recipe and loved it. I have put a picture of it in my blog.
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.