“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2009

RASAM POWDER


SATTUMUDHU PODI (RASAM POWDER)

INGREDIENTS:

Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds - 3 cups
Toor dal - 1 cup
Dry red chillies - 1 cup
Pepper - 3/4 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 cup

METHOD:

Keep all ingredients in hot sun and dry grind (in a mixie) to a coarse powder. Store in an air-tight container.

2 comments :

  1. After seeing your rasam with those daal dumplings, i searched for this rasam powder...I am going to make it soon. Otherwise i have been using just pepper powder and cumin powder whenever i made rasam to be had like a soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice blog! I have a small problem - hope you can help. When I right-click the 'rasam powder' link in the Rasa-vadai recipe, it says "No copying, please". I am not trying to copy - I just want to open the rasam powder in a new tab so I can have both pages open. Now I have to use the Back arrow and search right down the page to continue reading the earlier page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.