“The virtues of donations are great, because it helps the needy and at the same time it gives an opportunity to the donor to give the surplus to the people in need ” - Sama Veda

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2009

BEANS PARUPPUSILI / PARUPPU USILI



-->
-->
Paruppusili(Paruppu usili) is a different kind of karamudhu and is very tasty.
Ingredients:
Fresh Beans - ¼ kg. (cut very finely)
Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Curry leaves
Oil
To coarsely grind:
Toor dal - 1 cup
Dry red chillies – 2
salt
METHOD:

Soak toor dal and red chillies in water for ½ an hour drain and grind coarsely with salt without adding much water. Steam it and keep aside.
Boil beans with salt and turmeric powder, drain it and squeeze out the excess water.
Heat oil in a non- stick pan, temper with mustard seeds , urad dal and curry leaves. Add the ground paste and stir fry till golden brown. Add the boiled beans mix well andsaute for 3 more minutes.
Paruppusili is ready to serve.

4 comments :

  1. Nice colour, thanks for the entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Shanthi Mami,
    I find myself visiting your blog so often.. Being so many continents away from home, sometimes I am not able to call my mother to ask for her recipes.. Your food is exactly like my mother's/grandmother's food. Typical tam-bram cooking :) Your recipes are so clear that even a new cook like me is able to follow easily.
    I tried the beans-paruppusilli today. It was amazing.. Thank you so much :)
    -Aruna Sitaraman

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made the usili with your recipe many times now .. also made almost all the dishes from iyengar thaligai .... being sumwer far in china ... ur blog reminds me of my mom... thank u

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had prepared mysore pak from your website the first time in my life. It came out perfect I couldn't believe it myself........tasted so good and yummy...................

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your visit and valuable comments.